Monday, October 3, 2011

The Piece of Trust

I wrote this poem last year in my creative writing class.  I think it sheds some light on the way my mind plays with me. 

There is a significant piece buried deep inside
Never coming out, always playing hide

This piece, you see, consists of trust
To have any relationship - it's really a must

Trust makes me laugh, trust makes me cry
Trust has me always wondering why

Why should I try when I'm always proven wrong?
Why should I try when it's always the same song?

I try and let go and do as they say
Unfortunately things of this nature don't work that way...

Every man close to me
     Has at some point broke the key
          I learned to lock it tightly up
               I learned to slightly cover up
                    To this day I cannot open
                         To this day still somehow broken
                              Why? You ask well listen now
                              Because the past it broke me now
                         Drugs from fathers, rape from "friends"
                    That's just the beginning, it still doesn't end
               Mothers lying always crying
          Cancer, lupus, Help, I'm trying
     Who to talk to, noone listens
Who to trust now, that's a mission

Trust...  Breathe...  Stop the thoughts...
Trust...  Breathe...  They come a lot...

Not everyone is out to hurt
To stomp you and kick you around in the dirt

Just open up or they won't know
Just open up or they might go

You love yourself, let others try
They will love yourself, not hurt or lie
Distrust, distrust, I am saying goodbye...

No comments:

Post a Comment