Sunday, July 22, 2012

PTSD & Insomnia

Plagued with sleeplessness, even with pills
The story of my life, since the day my soul was killed
I thought my problems were gone, long past
The awakening early shows me not so fast
Although feeling rested after very few hours
Wake up, seize the day, you have the power
Alive, awake, alert, and free
Maybe sleep doesn’t mean that much to me
A good five hours
For maximum power
It’s not like I feel tired
Almost as if I’m wired
Brain already going
Body already knowing
Too much to do to rest
Get it done and be your best
Take a walk or ride your bike
Maybe later a nice brief hike
I still have to wonder why I can’t sleep
I still have to ponder why it’s like this for weeks
For days, for weeks, for months, for years
I think being asleep is my biggest of fears
Sleep brings me demons and sleep brings me fears
With real sleep I awake and my face is filled with tears
No doctor gets it they think that I’m crazy
But aren’t we all just a little bit maybe
PTSD
The disease plaguing me
They say I am cured
Yet I’m not so assured
One of these days
One of these ways
I WILL SLEEP IN
I WILL GIVE IN
Until that day
Just sit and pray
Be filled with love
From the highest above

No comments:

Post a Comment